Keep our Session (our elected Elders and Pastor) covered in prayer as they seek to be faithful to discerning and following Gods will for our church family. Session meets regularly and lead the committees of Peace.
Please share your ideas, suggestions, joys, concerns &
questions with any Session member by email, or by their listed email address/phone number in our church directory.
All congregants are welcome to attend Session meetings as observers. To address an issue, please contact an Elder on Session, or submit your question/concern in writing to an Elder on Session. Written minutes of meetings (in the newsletter) and highlights (during Announcements on Sunday mornings) are available.
ELDERS ON SESSION -
Clerk of Session: Mirna B.
Moderator: Pastor Brian.
Administration Team oversees
- Property Usage
Congregational Life Team oversees
- Christian Education: children, youth, adults
- Worship Night
- Fellowship Events
Mission & Evangelism Team oversees
- Service Projects
- Peace Website
- Hospitality - coordinating volunteers to provide and serve snacks and beverages after worship on Sundays.
- Greeters - coordinating volunteers to greet people as they arrive, and hand out bulletins to worshippers.
- Flowers - coordinating volunteers to bring or provide fresh flowers for the Sunday Worship service.
- Prayer Chain - coordinating and establishing a communication tool for individuals in crisis or need to receive intercessory prayer.
- Pastoral Care - assisting Pastor Brian. Each individual or family will be assigned to a Deacon. As needs or concerns arise, please contact us. We are here to help you. 1 Peter 4:7-11.
We encourage each family to pray about ways to be involved in the life of the church. Session feels that God is calling us to be a church family where each person contributes and is involved in the shared life and ministry of the church. We affirm the joy of giving to Gods work in our midst as we trust in His faithful provision to us. As Paul tells us in 2 Corinthians 9:7-8, Each of you must give as you have made up your mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance, so that by always having enough of everything, you may share abundantly in every good work. 2011 Stewardship Info. & 2011 Committment Form.
Each year Peace makes Per Capita payments to the General Assembly and the Synod of the Pacific based on how many active members we have. This is a voluntary payment which congregations make to help support the larger church. In order to help defray the costs of these payments, we are asking each active member to pay for their Per Capita fees above and beyond their annual pledge. Designated envelopes (blue) are available on the table in the Social Hall and in the friendship folder. Checks can be made to the church in the amount of $17.00 per member. Thank you for helping.
If you have a gift for baking and would be interested in volunteering to make the bread for Communion, please see one of the Deacons.
CHURCH WORK DAYS
at 9am. Spring Clean list pdf May 15, 2010. For more info., see Elder Allen G.Thank you to those who come to be a part of our faithful stewardship of the beautiful property with which God has blessed us. We have lunch together, so, thanks to our Elders and Deacons for your leadership and hard work!