MINISTRY FOR ALL AGES!
Friday Fun Night
Friday Evenings 6pm - 8pm.
Join your church family for worship, small group Bible Studies, fellowship, games and Potluck Dinner.
CHILDREN & YOUTH
Childrens Ministry Peace Kids
- Sunday School: Sundays 9-10am during Growth Hour; classes divided by age-group, Nursery Care and Sunday School for children 6th grade and under.
- Childrens Church: Sundays During Worship 10 am, for children 6th grade and under. Children begin worship with the adults and then are escorted by their teachers to class after the Childrens Message.
Peace Preschool: fully-licensed preschool offering half-day, morning preschool programs for children ages 2 1/2 to 5 years old.
Youth @ Peace
- Fridays 6pm-8:30 (with Friday Fun Night and during breaks).
Junior, Senior High School, and College/Career Students.
Bible discussion, worship, fellowship, mission/outreach projects, and guest speakers.
- Sundays 9-10 am in the Youth Modular (ramped-side).
Junior, Senior High School, and College/Career Students.
Bible study, fellowship.
Café Off Campus - 3rd and 4th Saturdays 2-4pm @ Starbucks EG and Franklin Blvd. @ the Raleys shopping center: College/Career Students only, ask anything, get real answers.
Adult Bible Study
Opportunities for friendship, Bible Study, social events, support and service.
- meets 9am - 10am before the Sunday Morning Worship service in the Sanctuary. Nursery service provided. Sunday School-Growth Hour run concurrently.
Weekday Adult Bible Studies
- meets Tuesday 7pm at various homes with various topics.
- meets Friday 6pm with potluck dinner. Runs with Friday Fun Night.
Saturdays 8:30 am, (potluck breakfast 3rd Sat. 8am)
Prayer support throughout the year.
All men are welcome.
Women of Peace
4 Fs - Friends in Fellowship, Faith, Fun and Service
For retired members and friends.
meets the 2nd Friday of every month at 11:30 am for lunch: regularly at The Old Spaghetti Factory.
MINISTERING IN THE COMMUNITY
Mission and Evangelism Opportunities
Mission and Evangelism Committee
- Elk Grove Food Bank Services - EGFBS collected dontations delivered the 1st Sunday of each month.
- Chapel Services for Emeritus Assisted Living Community - 1st Sunday.
- EG WINS - Help is now available in Elk Grove for those facing homelessness. EG WINs is a temporary, overnight program serving homeless men, women, and families. Local churches and hundreds of volunteers make this program possible. Homeless guests receive dinner and use of a cot and sleeping bag overnight in a warm, safe location.
More info. on flyer.
--Fred Bremerman, EG WINS co-chair, 916-524-0563, FredB@egwins.org.
- Courage Worldwide (Courage House, Northern California)
- Love, INC (in the name of Christ)
- Gideons International Lets spread the Gospel.
- PAL (Police Activities League)
- St. Johns Womens and Childrens Shelter
Back-to-school kits, sponsored by the 4Fs
- Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
- Chicks in Crises
- Sewing, Quilting, and Knitting projects - ongoing during the year
- Christmas Joy Offering
- One Great Hour of Sharing (offering)
- Alpha Course - Dinner and discussion of the meaning of life. (children have separate music, study, and play time.)
- Gift bags for visitors
- 10 Great Dates - Transforming marriage and familiy relationships.
- Web Site Team, Photography/Media/Sound - Post useful information and advertise what our church family does here at Peace.
- Peace Press: newsletter (on Pastors Pages) and our
- Upgrading of the Modulars
- Gardening and mowing
- Playground Project
- H/VAC fundraising project
- Water heater replacement project
- Fridge replaced
- Lighting repairs indoors and outdoors
www.theChurchAtElkGrove.org part of many denominations here in Elk Grove serving Jesus together. We also have a team that runs/walks for the Elk Grove Food Bank Services (Run4Hunger) and Courage Worldwide (Turkey Trot). Anyone can join.
install the X3watch software program on your computer, a FREE program helping with online integrity. Whenever a partner browses the internet and accesses a site which may contain questionable material, the program will save the site name on their computer. Every 2 weeks an e-mail containing all possible questionable sites they may have visited is sent to the partner they have chosen. This information is meant to encourage an open and honest conversation between friends and help us all be more accountable. For further information about X3watch or the ministry of http://www.xxxchurch.com please visit their website.
- a non-profit organization which exists to bring awareness, openness, accountability, and recovery to the church, society, and individuals in the issues of pornography and to begin to provide solutions through non-judgmental and creative means.
Pastor Brians Newsletter piece, sermon topics and corresponding Scripture passages, download recent sermons, and more.
Our membership classes.
Elders - the elected, ordained leadership of this local church who make decisions concerning the governing of this local church and also represent our congregation in the Presbytery decisions.
Deacons - who do not serve on session, are elected, ordained members in charge of hospitality, greeters, flowers, prayer chain, assisting in Pastoral Care.
Moved to the Discover page; contains information on the beliefs of Peace Presbyterian Church.
Prayer and Praise
Information on our various Prayer and Praise services including Holiday information.
More information at the Growth and Outreach page under the Mission and Evangelism committee.
hosted by the Media Team under the Mission and Evangelism committee.
See Quicktime movies that play right in your browser window.
Podcasting of Sermons.
Our booth opens at the end of June through July 4th. More information at the Fireworks page.
Order of St. Luke the Physician -
healing ministry. Our Rev. Brian Spangler is a Chaplain. OSL Sac-Foothills Chapter.
WORSHIP AT PEACE
- Prayer @ 8:30 am: Growth Hour follows @ 9am.
- Sunday Morning Worship @ 10 am.
- Friday Fun Night Fridays 6-8 pm.
- Emeritus (formerly Sunrise) Assisted Living Chapel service 2nd Sunday, every-other-month @ 2pm at Sunrise.
- 5th Sunday special event, evenings: such as Advent Kick-off night.
Worship Service Opportunities
Please sign up to assist Sunday Mornings: contact the Office Manager for more info.
- Provide Flowers - to honor someone and/or decorate the sanctuary
- Worship Assistants/Greeters - welcome worshippers, hand-out bulletins, read Scripture and liturgy. (contact: Elder Mark A.)
Joy Singers (see below)
- Give the Childrens Message.
- Hospitality Helpers - set-up Sanctuary, make coffee and punch to assist in fellowship.
- Joy Singers
Fridays, 8pm, rehearsal for worship team.
singers wanted, ability to read music not required.
Musicians wanted. (contact: Pianist, Esther B.)
- Offering Counters - one Sunday a month in teams of two, training provided.
- Drama ministry - sermon/Scripture illustration + outreach, experience not required, desire to minister is required. (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
We encourage each family to pray about ways to be involved in the life of the church. Session feels that God is calling us to be a church family where each person contributes and is involved in the shared life and ministry of the church. We affirm the joy of giving to Gods work in our midst as we trust in His faithful provision to us. As Paul tells us in 2 Corinthians 9:7-8, Each of you must give as you have made up your mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance, so that by always having enough of everything, you may share abundantly in every good work. 2011 Stewardship Info.